A delicious and decadent gluten-free bacon cheese quiche recipe.
Making a gluten-free pie crust from scratch can be a daunting task. It can easily lead to a crust that’s too crumbly, too hard or one that simply doesn’t taste good. Stick with a gluten-free brand you can trust will taste amazing and hold good texture when you buy a Silly Zak’s gluten-free crust. It’s easy to prepare and perfect for making delicious quiches.
Wow your guests at brunch with this gluten-free bacon cheese quiche recipe. It’s easy to make and easy to love!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 55 minutes
1 Silly Zak’s Gluten Free Pie Crust prepared as instructed on the packaging
1 cup of half and half (or milk if you prefer a lower fat quiche)
4 eggs, slightly beaten
6 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
1/2 cup grated swiss cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped white onion
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare pie crust as directed.
2. Cook the bacon until crispy. Be sure to pat it dry thoroughly as well. If there is too much grease in the quiche, it could affect the texture of it. Chop up your bacon and let it cool down.
3. In a large bowl, mix half and half and eggs with a whisk. Set aside.
4. Grate your cheeses and chop your onion. Layer these evenly in the empty pie crust. Distribute the bacon. Be sure the bacon is cool before you pour in egg mixture. If you don’t let it cool, you risk the bacon cooking the eggs before it enters the oven. To quicken the cooling process, you can throw the pie crust with the bacon, onion, and cheese into the fridge for a few minutes.
5. Add in your egg mixture to the pie. You want to fill it up to the brim.
6. Bake in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn the temperature down to 350F and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until the quiche begins to brown on top. You can also test it by sticking a fork in the middle. If it comes out clean, it is ready to serve.
7. Let it cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing into wedges and serving. For leftovers, cover the quiche with aluminum foil. This will ensure that the quiche stays moist. It can be preserved for up to 1 week in the fridge.
From this gluten-free bacon cheese quiche recipe to pies, you’ll have fun in the kitchen making gluten-free recipes with Silly Zak’s Pie Crusts. Share with us your favorite guilt-free recipes made with Silly Zak’s products. Happy baking!
Silly Zak’s frozen products are available at local retailers. If you can’t find our products, responsive store managers would want to know that their customers are looking for fine frozen gluten-free products. Let them know so that they can stock the delicious goods that help you live gluten-free. We’re also available online for home shopping convenience.