Cranberry Tart Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Serves: 8 people
- 1 Silly Zak’s gluten-free pie shell
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons toasted and chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh whole cranberries
- Remove the pie shell from the freezer and set aside to come to room temperature. (Follow directions on the package).
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the orange juice and cornstarch. Add the sugar and marmalade to the bowl and stir well to combine with the juice. Fold in the pecans, zest, and cranberries. Pour the tart filling into the pie shell.
- Place the assembled cranberry tart on a sheet pan to catch any spills. Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes. With the tart remaining in the oven, turn the temperature down to 350°F. Continue baking for an additional 35 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Cool the tart on a wire rack until the filling sets up. You can refrigerate the tart, after it cools, until ready to serve.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve either at room temperature or chilled.
There is no need to deprive yourself of pies or tarts when you are on a gluten-free diet. This recipe for a homemade gluten-free cranberry and orange tart is so easy to pull together. Using a pre-made Silly Zak’s pie shell takes the guesswork out of making a gluten-free crust.
Silly Zak’s pie shells are available in local markets in the freezer section. Or, you can order them online. Please visit our website to browse all of our gluten-free products and check out our collection of tasty recipes.