Creamy Gluten-Free Eggnog Pie
For the Crust use a Gluten-Free Pie Shell From Silly Zaks
For the Filling:
- 4 free-range large eggs
- 2 lightly blended large egg yolks
- 3.5 oz. fine sugar (about 1/2 cup)
- 16 oz. heavy cream
- 2 cloves or to taste
- 1/4 cup brandy, rum, or whiskey
- Whole nutmeg (freshly grated) to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F and place rack in the middle of the oven.
Make the Filling
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs and egg yolks until light and frothy either by stand mixer or by hand.
- On low heat, slowly warm the cream and cloves, Do not allow to boil as the cream may curdle.
- Add the alcohol while stirring and blend well.
- Continue to stir while pouring the warm cream into the eggs.
Assemble and Bake the Pie
- Remove the tart tin from the fridge and add the filling.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 350F and leave the tart in for another 20 minutes.
- The tart is done when the top is a golden brown and the filling is almost set.
- Allow the pie to rest and can be served slightly warm.
- Great with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream as a topping.
Great Tips about the Gluten-Free Eggnog Pie
- To store, use an airtight container and place in a cool area. Do not refrigerate. Eat within 24 hours.
- If you want to freeze the pie, seal well. It will remain fresh for one month. Defrost in a cool place overnight.