- 1 Pack of Silly Zak’s Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- ½ Cup of Shredded Swiss Cheese
- ½ Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4oz. of Extra Thin Sliced Ham (Preferably Honey Baked or Maple Glazed Ham)
- 1 Cup of Gluten-Free flour
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons of Honey or Dijon Mustard
- Set 1 Silly Zak’s Gluten-Free Pie Crust to thaw at room temperature and mix both cheeses in a bowl. Store bowl the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle gluten-free flour onto a flat surface for the pie crust to be prepped. Once the pie crust is soft, gently manipulate its shape into a rectangle. The rectangle does not have to be perfect but the dimensions should be approximately 9 inches by 7 inches.
- Spread the mustard with a spatula or a butter knife across the base layer of your pie crust surface.
- Layer the cheese evenly across the pastry surface. After an even coat is achieved, layer the ham gently across the cheese.
- Roll the shorter ends (7 inch sides) both half way into a fold towards the center of the pastry. Repeat the roll again towards the center on both sides.
- Join folded sides at the center point and use small drops or brushes of water to assist with hold.
- Place plastic wrap on the pastry then put it in the refrigerator for 1 hour or freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees and beat eggs into an egg wash mixture while waiting for the oven to heat. Take the pastry out and place it on parchment paper. Cut the large roll into Palmier pieces and lay pastries on parchment.
- Brush each piece with egg wash and enter into oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove contents from the oven, let it cool, and enjoy!
This gluten-free recipe can be served in multiple ways. Feel free to add variety by changing cheese flavors or even adding simple savory or sweet spices. Be sure to cook with fun and get creative.