Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 40 Minutes
1 9-Ounce Silly Zak’s Gluten-free Pie Shell
1 8 oz. package sliced fresh mushrooms, rinsed with cold water
4 Slices Bacon
½ cup onions, chopped
1 Tablespoon olive oil
½ Teaspoon dried thyme leaves
¼ Teaspoon salt
¼ Teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg + 1 tablespoon water, whisked
Coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the pie shell in half vertically, then again horizontally, to make 4 equal triangular shapes.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the chopped bacon, chopped onions, and sliced mushrooms to the pan; stir to coat in oil.
- Add dried thyme, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Sauté the mushroom mixture, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp, onions are translucent, and mushrooms have reduced in size by half, about 15 minutes; remove from heat.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture to a medium sized glass bowl; add Parmesan cheese; stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly onto the individual pie shells.
- Close the pie shells by bringing each point upward and pinching the dough together; seal together any areas that remain open. (You may add a small amount of water to the edge of the dough if it doesn’t stick easily.)
- Brush the egg wash over each pastry; sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until the pastry is flaky and golden
- Remove from oven; allow the pastries to rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
You can purchase Silly Zak’s gluten-free products from our online store or in fine local retailers. Check now to see what products are available, including our 9-Ounce Silly Zak’s Gluten-free Pie Shell, and much more!