Substituting the corn syrup for pure maple syrup makes this recipe exceptional. Actually, maple syrup is the ideal sweetener for pecans, the perfect pair. Add a touch of coconut sugar and vanilla, and you have a heavenly treat that everyone will adore. In fact, they won’t believe it’s a healthy dessert.
Gluten-Free Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 Silly Zak’s Gluten-Free Pie Crust (unbaked): Easy-as-Pie
- 3 large eggs, lightly whisked
- ¾ cup maple syrup, preferably pure
- 1 cup coconut sugar, raw
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped to desired thickness
Gluten-Free Pecan Pie Recipe Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205° C)
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, maple syrup, coconut sugar, butter and salt. Fold in the vanilla. Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Pour the filling into Silly Zak’s Gluten-Free Pie Shell (unbaked). To prevent spills on the bottom of your oven, place the pie on a large baking sheet.
- Set the baking sheet in the center of the oven for even temperatures. Bake for 20 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350° F (230° C). Bake for another 30 minutes or until the pie is a golden color. The filling should not wiggle when testing to see if it is done. Do not be worried if the filling billows up during baking, this is normal. The filling will relax once it cools.
- When the pie is done, place on a wire rack to cool. Make sure the pie is completely cooled before serving.
- Serve the pecan pie by itself or with your favorite ice cream.
- Eggs are necessary in this recipe so the filling sets-up.
- Do not toast the pecans beforehand; they will be burn as they bake and ruin the flavor.
- If you do not have coconut sugar, coconut palm sugar can be substituted (it is not as healthy).
Make Baking a Breeze
When it comes to saving time and energy, there are certain tips that will save you hours of disappointment and cost. In truth, there is nothing more frustrating than to spend a lot of time in the kitchen only to have your pie ruined, especially when it comes to pie crust. However, one of best ways to save time in the kitchen is to have your pie-crust pre-made. Even better, forget the fuss and try Silly Zak’s Gluten-Free Pie Crust for stress-free baking and a perfect pie crust every time.