When it comes to heart health, you can’t really do any better than a gluten-free salmon pastry. Salmon is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids which greatly benefit your heart and cardiovascular system, while gluten-free grains are known to greatly improve your overall cholesterol levels. We know that you will enjoy this gluten-free salmon pastry recipe.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
2 Large Skinned Salmon Fillets (Non-factory Farmed)
1 9-Ounce Silly Zak’s Gluten-free Pie Shell Cut Into Strips
Italian Pesto Ingredients
1 Handful of Fresh Organic Spinach
1 Handful of Fresh Organic Basil
3 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
50 Grams of Organic Pine Nuts
2 Tablespoons of Mineral Water
2 Crushed Garlic Cloves
1 Pinch of Sea Salt
1 Pinch of Black Pepper
Creamy Dill Sauce Ingredients
1 Tablespoon of Mineral Water
1 Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons of Dried Yeast Flakes
1 Teaspoon of Dried Dill
1/4 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk
60 Grams of Soaked Organic Unsalted Cashews
1. Please preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Using a very sharp kitchen knife, carefully remove all of the skin from the salmon. You can avoid this step by simply buying skinless salmon.
3. Set out your Silly Zak’s gluten-free pie shell and then cut it into 2-inch wide strips.
4. Place your pesto ingredients into a blender and then blend them until they are smooth and consistent. Pour the mixture into a bowl and then set it aside.
5. Place your creamy dill sauce ingredients into your blender and blend the ingredients until they are smooth and consistent. Place this mixture into a bowl and set it aside.
6. Set your skinless salmon fillets onto the flat Silly Zak’s gluten-free pastry strips.
7. Pour both of the sauce mixtures over the salmon fillets.
8. Very carefully wrap your salmon with the cut pastry strips, aiming to cover as much of the salmon as you can. Try to keep the sauce in the wrap as you fold each pastry strip over the fresh fish fillets.
9. Lightly coat your wrapped salmon with extra virgin olive oil. Place the wrapped salmon on to a baking sheet and allow it to bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the pastry wrap is crispy and golden brown. Be careful not to burn the pastry.
10. Allow the gluten-free salmon pastries to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Consider serving the pastries with a side of steamed brown rice and mixed veggies.
Silly Zak’s frozen products are available at local retailers. If you can’t find our products, responsive store managers would want to know that their customers are looking for fine frozen gluten-free products. Let them know so that they can stock the delicious goods that help you live gluten-free. We’re also available online for home shopping convenience.