Healthy Gluten-Free Vegetarian Empanada Recipe
Try this tasty healthy, easy to make gluten-free vegetarian empanada recipe. They take little preparation time, thanks to Silly Zak’s Gluten Free Pie Crust, giving you more time to enjoy your snack. We hope our recipe inspires you.
You can find Silly Zak’s Gluten-Free Pie Crust here or at your local store.
- Two Silly Zak’s Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- One and a half cups of golden raisins
- One onion
- Three tablespoons of vegetable oil
- One teaspoon of cumin
- Two teaspoons of aji panca paste, if desired
- One tomato
- One tablespoon of sugar
- Five scallions
- Fifteen and a half ounces of black beans
- Two cups corn kernels
- A half a lime of juice
- Four ounces of goat cheese
- Four ounces of pepper jack cheese
- One-fourth cups of fresh cilantro
- One egg
- A half cup of powdered sugar
1) Boil your golden raisins in water for ten minutes. Drain the water.
2) Chop your onion until it is fine, dice your tomato, and drain your black beans.
3) Combine your onion, cumin, garlic salt, and aji paste. Saute your ingredients for five to eight minutes or until your onion is translucent and soft.
4) Add your tomatoes, scallions, and sugar into the mixture. Stir for at least five minutes or until the liquid has been cooked out. Tomatoes should begin to stick to the skillet.
5) Add your black beans until liquid evaporates.
6) Combine corn, raisins, and lime juice to the mixture. Cook for about five minutes.
7) Remove your skillet from the heat and move ingredients to a bowl, and let it cool.
8) Dice your cheese and add it into the bowl, along with your cilantro.
9) Refrigerate mixture for at least two hours.
10) Set your oven to 375 degrees.
11) Open both rolls of Silly Zak’s Gluten-free Pie Crust. Divide your dough into twenty pieces.
12) Make your dough into a circle that is about one-fourth inches thick.
Roll each piece of dough into a circle about 1/4 inch thick.
13) Spread one tablespoon of filling in the dough.
14) Fold your dough into a semicircle, then press down the edges.
15) Fold your edges over and crimp them.
16) Beat an egg and brush it over your empanadas.
17) Bake for twenty minutes. Let them cool, then dust with powdered sugar.
The Most Delicious Gluten-Free Vegetarian Empanada Recipe You Will Ever Try
Silly Zak’s frozen products are available at local retailers. If you can’t find our products, responsive store managers would want to know that their customers are looking for fine frozen gluten-free products. Let them know so that they can stock the delicious goods that help you live gluten-free. We’re also available online for home shopping convenience.