- 2 loaves of Silly Zak’s Bread
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 3 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips (reserved)
- Cube bread and spread out on a sheet pan and baked for 10 minutes at 200 degrees
- Meanwhile, mix the remainder of the ingredients together (except the chocolate).
- In a 9×11 pan, place 1/2 the bread cubes in the pan.
- Layer the chocolate chips on top of the bread.
- Add remainder of bread to the top of the pan.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the top of the bread and chocolate and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, until the custard is set.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Number of Servings: 8